Monday, January 17, 2011

40 days... and counting

So... I am sad to say we have now been at the number 1 spot for 40 days (almost 6 weeks) and still nothing. Last week I was so hopeful that this was going to be our week..that hope is dwindling now that 12 families are at HH right now with their court appointments or Embassy appointments and not one has mentioned there having been new infants brought in. I am so done with this. When we first got on the wait list in February we were told a 8-10 month wait. Me being the optimist I am :) I was planning on August cause things seemed to be moving along with referrals. Then August came and went, and so did September, October, November and December. I kept hearing word on the listserve that things tend to slow down around Christmas time but I thought for sure we wouldn't be the family stuck at the number 1 spot and that we would for sure get our referral by then. Wrongo. Now we are in the middle of January and still nothing. I really hope that tomorrow I can write a post about our most excellent referral call.

4 comments:

FRYER FAM said...

im so sorry! i have been checking every day.

April and Nate said...

I'm hoping to see that post soon too! Keep hanging in there! The wait WILL be worth it.

Ms. G said...

Hang in there! This just has to be your week, too many kiddos have come home from HH for it not to be! We are all praying for you.

Anna said...

The waiting has to be excruciating. I hope you get that call soon. I look for updates from you and my heart sighs when I see you are still waiting. Loves.