Saturday, January 29, 2011

The wait...

The wait to see our baby girls face once we were on the waitlist was 11 months. I wish I could say that I did that wait graciously with total faith in the Lord's timing and that I am a new women and learned so much from waiting so patiently but that just wouldn't be true. There were days especially in the end where it wasn't pretty. I knew there was nothing I could do to make our referral happen faster but I tried. Some days were good and I had more faith. Other days I was mad, sad, frustrated and confused. I didn't understand why Heavenly Father couldn't see that we needed a referral right away and that we had waited long enough and condsidering it was me, I had waited pretty darn patiently (at least up until Decemberish) But the thing I didn't realize... or didn't take the time to truley realize, until I saw her face and felt all that I felt for her, was that my Heavenly Father is perfect, he has perfect timing and knows all. Baby E couldn't be referred to us until the exact day that she was and I wish I had had more faith and patience. I used to read people's blogs who had adopted and they would always say the wait was so worth it when they saw their childs face. I knew it would be great to see our girls face but didn't think it would take away my bitterness in the long wait we had. I was wrong and now I know her story I see why it happend the way it did. She is perfect for our family. People who have been to HH and seen baby E will tell me little stories about her, this helps me get to know her personality and everything about her so far reminds me of either Jgirl or Jboy or M as a baby. I love it. I have seen pictures of other baby girls at HH and they are just cute babies, none of them stir the same feeling as baby E, she is ours. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for not answering my prayers and giving us our referral in His time and according to His plan. I am praying for help to apply this lesson to our Court date and Embassy appointements.

5 comments:

Karilyn Carreon said...

Whether behind the scenes you did the wait graciously or not I think you are a very strong and patient WOMAN! It would be so hard to wait and wait w/o an end date! Keep up the faith and I am so excited for you!

*Shelli* said...

You are one STRONG woman! You have been through every emotion possible. Your FAITH has got you to this point. And whatever her story is... she was meant to be with you guys. Can't wait to see her :)

Becca Harley said...

love this post! it is the weekend - and I have enough patience for 10 of me! BUT just wait until thursday rolls around:). So very happy for you guys!

Jed and Amanda said...

Love your post! It is such a struggle to wait and do it with grace. Praying the rest of your wait goes smoothly.

SETHER+ONE said...

Beautiful! You're amazing. I like that you weren't a perfect patient waiter. That means you are human. :)