Tuesday, March 15, 2011

COURT DATE!! and a small miracle

And finally we have a court date! So here is the story, a few weeks ago we were pretty frustrated and we were questioning whether our adoption was going to go through, if it was meant to be, why it was taking so long, etc...as we were going to bed that night, I got the scriptures out to read a page or two (we always try to read a page/chapter each night) and I decided I would just flip them open and read whichever page it opened to....Well we "happened" to turn to Ephesians chapter 1, and verse 5 was the first verse on the page:
"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ..." so Heavenly Father let us know he was with us and that we should just trust in him. That in itself was really cool but there is more. Last week several other families received court dates even though they had received their referrals weeks after us, so we were kinda in a bad place again, so that night we did our usual routine and I decided to just flip the book open and read again, this time our answer came from the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 24 the top of the page was half way through verse 13 "...lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders that you cannot feel them upon your backs...that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter and that you may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions...And it came to pass that so great was the their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again saying: Be of good comfort for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage."
So literally on the morrow we were "delivered", wow, we certainly had felt God lift us up and ease our burdens at times but we were amazed at this small miracle and message that God had sent us. It's amazing how He can speak to us through the scriptures! Our friend April who is also adopting from Ethiopia had posted a prayer request on our behalf on the adoption listserv that same day! A coincidence? nope, this was God's hand in our lives. So thanks to the faith of all our supporters we finally have our date!

We got the call last friday letting us know that we were assigned a court date of May 19th!! We are excited but a little bummed that it is a bit later than we hoped for. So we are making travel plans to go meet "E"!! We know its gonna be a rollercoaster of emotion. The joy to meet her, the sorrow to realize her loss, the excitement to visit Ethiopia and then seeing the reality of true poverty....we are super pumped though.
We are trying to arrange to do some dentistry while we are there and just figuring out the logistics of it. I know of another dentist that has adopted from Ethiopia that actually arranged a huge dental mission last year so I am in touch with him to figure out what is feasible to do while I am there. He said it was an awesome opportunity and that they people served were so grateful. There is an awful amount of need there, so I am expecting the dental work to be different.
Anyway, thats the latest, we will be updating once our travel plans are set any may be asking for any donations to take the orphanage.

2 comments:

April and Nate said...

I loved the story about the scriptures. What a blessing!!! I'm glad so many people were praying for you.

Nate and I were talking about how you guys said your little girl is beautiful. Even though I don't know anything about my future son, I already thing we should hook our kids up! LOL!

Mama Mimi said...

Ephesians 1:5 is our "theme" verse =) Love that it popped up!