Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DAY 3 Dubai to Addis

"So I kinda didn't think much about the next step on our trip today, it was just kinda surreal being here at such an international beach. I was quite bummed I didn't have my speedo though as I was the only one not wearing one. So now we are headed off to bed, its noon in Temecula and 11 pm here. Body is still adjusting, I don't think it has hit me even now what is going to happen tomorrow...its crazy. Its gonna be an adventure!!" - Mike

"Well, today is the day we meet our sweet heart. Yesterday was our full day in Dubai and it was nice and relaxing, just what I had hoped for. The weather was super hot so we swam a lot in the ocean, which was so warm and didn't keep you cool for very long. i loved that the water was so clear I could see the bottom and there was no coral, just the softest sand. It was fun to see all of the different people from different cultures, mostly Europeans. We then went up to the hotel room at about noon and had a 3 hour nap. I was so tired and my body was so confused when i made it get up since back home it was night time. We got up and went back to the beach and pool for a few more hours then went to eat Indian food. we headed to bed at about 11pm and i hoped I would be able to sleep. I knew it might be hard to sleep since I was getting so excited to see my girl. I fell asleep o.k but woke up almost every hour. Mike startled me at 3am when he couldn't sleep so went on the balcony... so i couldn't sleep. I was so excited, this is the day we have been waiting for. I wondered if baby E was awake yet but guessed not. She was probably sleeping and had no idea she would be meeting her new family today. I prayed she would be ready for us and we would be ready for her. We went to our gate and as we checked in they told us we were upgraded to Business class... woohoo Tons of leg room, massaging, reclining seats and yummy food. So now we have about an hour left until we land in Addis, then we head to the hotel and get ready to meet my love. Ahhh, it seems so surreal, I feel like iam just going through the motions but it isn't really happening. Can't wait to meet her and see how big she is, what she smells like, how her hair feels, what her cry sounds like. In a few hours we will know. I love this girl" Chantel

"They treat you pretty well up there but still wouldn't pay thousands of dollars for it. This flight was uneventful, when we came in for landing i was kinda nervous. So unsure of what to expect. The airport was a stark contrast to Dubai, which was the nicest airport I have ever been in, it was like a mall inside. The visa office was like a closet room with a fold out table or 2. We paid our 20 bucks, got our visas and went thru security. They checked our meds suitcase again, but just like in Dubai, they were kinda unsure what to do with us so they just let us go."- Mike


BUSINESS CLASS!!!!!! too bad it wasnt for the 16 hr flight but hey we'll take it


our plane


the Dubai airport was like one of the nicest US malls I have ever been too, and they had PINKBERRY which Chantel was dying to have. It was a little pricey but well worth it




Our hotel had this crazy chandelier that stretched down 10 floors or so




Chantel had just said " I wish we would see a camel walk by" and no more than 5 minutes later this guy walked right by us on the beach


This was pretty much what most of our day consisted of



Just making sure there wasn't still a genie in there! Dubai was awesome

2 comments:

Ms. G said...

Love all your travel posts!!! Dubai looked incredible! Prayers for safe travel as you head back to ET for your Embassy appointment!!

April and Nate said...

Awesome! BTW - I can't wait to see your next post. I hope the cocooning is going well. XOXO