Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Sweet JGirl


We have some bad news to post about our adoption involving a change with one of the Government agencies there, but I don't have the heart to make that post tonight. I have cried enough today so I'm making M do it when he gets back from soccer.
I love my kids, they are so stinkin cute. Today as we were driving home from dance Jgirl asked if we can send the kids in Ethiopia some food since they don't have very much. I told her it is hard to send food because it goes bad before it gets there. I told her it is better if you can send clothes and shoes and toothbrushes and toothpaste instead since they won't go bad and the kids need these things too. I also said it is better to send money to help feed the kids rather than actual food, this way they can buy food there. She immediately offered her piggy bank money that she has been saving for years. How sweet is she. I told her that was a very good idea. Then tonight after I had put her in bed she called me in her room and asked if we could send crackers cause they last for a really long time. I love that she is thinking about this. Sad thing is I am sure many of them would LOVE some crackers.

1 comment:

FRYER FAM said...

could you guys stop making me cry every time i read this... i love that jaida friend! so sweet! wish there was more that we could do! paryers don't seem to be enough right now.