Friday, February 25, 2011

Update... or lack there of...

Still no news of a court date here. I am so unbelievably done this wait. The last few day have been really hard, I wake up each morning with a glimmer of hope... which quickly fades as the day goes on. M and I are having the hardest time trying to figure what could be going on and why it is taking so long. We received our referral 5 weeks ago on Monday and our file was opened shortly after that (the following Monday we were told our file was opened with the courts at that point but we know it was opened before that Monday, somewhere in between that week) Another family that received their referral after us got their court date 9 days ago. M emailed our case worker last Thursday so she phoned us back this past Monday. I asked if there was any way they could check on the status of our file... I just want to be sure it isn't lost in the courts somewhere. B said no we just have to wait and that she wasn't worried... hmmmmm wish I could say the same. I also learned that when a file is opened it means all of our paperwork has been filed with the courts on AGCI end. I was under the impression this was something the courts sent out saying they received the file... so who knows where the heck it is now. We really want to bring our baby girl home and I just can't understand why it is taking so long. Other families have waited 1 week from their time of referral to hear about their court date. When can we catch a break? We have been praying so hard everyday to hear about a court date. I know it will be in the Lord's time and I am trying to trust in him but it is soooo hard to see this through His eyes when all I want is my baby home NOW.

No comments: